I subscribe to Seth Godin’s Blog and a new post arrives in my in-box every morning. Some are of minimal value, other’s provide huge ah-ha’s and food for thought. Seth Godin likes to talk about shipping something, meaning actually completing a task and letting it out into the world. I liked Seth’s idea of reviewing the previous year from a task completion perspective, sometimes actual accomplishments fly by without any recognition. Here is my “Shipping Report”, in no particular order.
1. Evolve Yoga Teacher Training Program, completed 200 hour program, Yoga Alliance RYT-200 – Jan – May
2. Evolve Yoga Teacher Training Program, Admin Assistant, completed 150 hours – August – Dec.
3. Evolve Yoga – Body Balance Movement Therapy: MindBodyOnline integration, Jan
4. Studied and passed Pilates Method Alliance Certified Pilates Instructor – July
5.Namaste Yoga integration into MBO – August
6.Evolve Movement teacher profiles/events pages in website, created and managed process – June
7.Evolve Movement Constant Contact, created and managed process – Jan – June
8.Evolve Movement Facebook and Twitter, created and managed process – Jan –
9.Delivered 10 yoga classes – June – September
10. Consulted with two local businesses for 2011 business launches.
11.Gyrokinesis Retreat in Cabo – April
12. Chix in Business roundtable speaker, health and wellness topic – November
13. Family vacation to OBX, September
14. Delivered 15-20 hours of Pilates and Gyrotonic instruction at Evolve Movement every week
15.Refocused and relaunched The Essential Path, June
I am sure there are more, but even reviewing this list gives insight into where my energy and effort went over the past twelve months and helps me to more accurately align my future shipping projects!
Give it a try, you might learn something!